Monday, February 28, 2011

Favorite Criminal Minds quote

JJ: Mr Flynn, I don't know for sure if you can hear me but- My name, my name is Jennifer Jareau. I- I work for the FBI as a communication liaison for the Behavioural- Um.. Okay, Mr Flynn, I wanna talk to you about letting Ellie Spicer go. I mean I wanna ask you, to....see I’m not a hostage negotiator....I’ve never done anything like this at all, ever. But sometimes, circumstances it's....look, you can tell I’m not a hostage negotiator, but I am a mother and, I know what your mother did to you when you were little. What she was, what she made you watch, what she let men do to you and it makes me so..it’s just not fair. And no one can make that better. I wish I could, I do. If I could somehow go back there and make what was happening to you stop and just you know, pick you up and, just tell you that it’ll all be okay......that’s what moms are supposed to do. They’re not supposed to be the cause of your pain....they’re supposed to make it go away. They’re supposed to hold you and tell you everything is going to be alright. They’re supposed to tell you that thunder is angels bowling. And that it’s okay to be afraid of the dark and that it’s not silly to think there might be monsters in your closet and that it’s okay to climb into bed with them just this once, cos it’s scary in the room all alone. They’re supposed to say it’s okay to be afraid and not be the thing you’re afraid of. But most importantly they’re supposed to love you no matter what. What happened to you wasn’t fair. It’s not right but um... I’m supposed to empathise with you, sympathise, understand. But I can’t. That, that would be a lie. The truth is, I don’t understand, what you’ve done. I- I don’t sympathise with you killing people all these years. And I especially don’t understand you taking Ellie. What I can do is tell you what a mother should tell you; that you can’t take away your pain by hurting someone else. That it doesn’t make all the nights you went to bed scared and alone any better if you scare someone else the way you’re scaring Ellie.What happened to you, it isn’t fair, but what you’re doing to her isn’t fair either. And if anyone should understand what that feels like it’s you! You have the power. You can do what you wanna do. But for once, you can choose to use that power to do for Ellie what should’ve been done for you. You can choose letting her go. You can choose teaching her that, yes there are monsters and it’s ok to be afraid of them, but it’s not okay to let them win. And it’s not ok to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment